How to get to the workshop venue
and the majority of the hotels
Arriving by plane
Kazan International Airport is located 26 kilometers (16 mi) from the city centre. It is a hub for Tatarstan Airlines and Kazan Air Enterprise and hosts eleven air companies.
On 19 and 24 June, from 08:00 to 22:00 the representatives of the workshop organizers will assist the participants in booking the taxi.
The taxi service accepts payment only in local currency (Rubles). All information about the currency is provided at the end of the page.
Upon arrival at the Kazan International Airport, please order a taxi cab at a special desk located in the arrival area of Terminal 1A.
We also recommend using the “Tatarstan” taxi service: +7 (843)567-1-567, http://taxitatarstan.ru/
Approximate fare: 10 Euro
Do not accept transportation proposals from private persons at the airport.
Please note that the workshop representatives will be at the airport holding a sign with the workshop logo, they will assist you with taxi booking.
City bus service:
Airport is connected with the city by bus route 197.
Bus route: Kazan Airport – Republican Clinical Hospital – Prospekt Pobedy Str. (“Prospekt Pobedy” metro station) – Akademik Sakharov Str. (MEGA Shopping Mall)
The bus service is available from 6.00 to 22.00.
Traffic interval: 20 minutes. Fare: 20-40 Rubles.
Please go till the RKB (Republican Clinical Hospital) bus station if you’d like to get to the Korston Hotel & Mall Kazan.
Railway to the city centre (Railway Station) in 26 minutes:
Fare: 30 Rubles a person. Staff speaks English. Tickets are sold in box offices. Payment is accepted only in cash.
The Railway Station is directly connected with Terminal 1 and Terminal 1A. You can get the terminals through an above-ground passage.
The train service from the Airport to the Railway Station is available from 5.00 till 23.00 every 3.5 hours.
The train service from the Railway Station to the Airport is available from 7.00 till 00.00 every 3 hours.
The trip takes 26 min.
More information about the schedule can be obtained from Train_Schedule.pdf and from the Airport website: http://kazan.aero/en/for-passengers-and-guests/schedule-aeroexpress/
From the main railway station “Kazan–Passazhirskaya” you can get to the Korston Hotel & Mall Kazan by bus route 10 or 30.
Arriving by train
Kazan is connected with Moscow, Ulyanovsk, Yoshkar-Ola and Yekaterinburg by train. The main railway station “Kazan–Passazhirskaya” is located in the city centre and includes a main building (built in 1896), a commuter trains terminal, a ticket office building and some other technical buildings. The station serves thirty-six intercity trains and more than eight million passengers per annum. The Kazan-2 terminal is situated in the northern part of the city. Kazan also has nineteen platforms for commuter trains.
From the main railway station “Kazan–Passazhirskaya” you can get to the Korston Hotel & Mall Kazan by bus route 10 or 30. .
At the airport and the railway station there will be volunteers (holding the workshop logo) who will assist you in booking the taxi.
Arriving by bus
There are two bus stations in Kazan — the Central and the Southern. Bus routes connect Kazan with all Tatarstan municipalities, Samara, Ufa, Tolyatti, Orenburg, Ulyanovsk, Cheboksary, Sterlitamak, Buzuluk, Baki, and Aktobe. It is planned to build new stations in the East, West and North parts of the city instead of Central for relieving city centre.
Public transportation in Kazan
– The single-line Kazan Metro, the north-southeast Central Line, opened on 27 August 2005. The Kazan Metro has eleven stations. Single trip will cost you 25 Rubles.
– The Kazan tram system was founded in 1899. 8 routes use 187 km (116.20 mi) of lines and 197 tramcars. Single trip will cost you 25 Rubles.
– The Kazan trolleybus (electric bus) system was founded in 1948. Single trip will cost you 25 Rubles.
– The Kazan bus system was totally renovated in 2007. All 1,444 buses are red. Single trip will cost you 25 Rubles. Unlike the most Western cities, public bus routes are not municipal, operated by private companies and therefore are very efficient.
Travel cards that work within the metropolitan area reduce travel cost to 15 Rubles on trolley buses and buses, and offer considerable discounts on the metro line. These travel cards can be purchased from the post office.
– On 1 July 2013, the Veli’k bicycle sharing system was launched in Kazan. The system includes 7 self-service bicycle docking stations distributed throughout the centre of Kazan near the most popular city destinations, and provides 100 bikes available for you. The service is open to everyone aged 16 years and up. To access the service, you have to complete a simple sign-in procedure at www.Veli-k.ru, and buy a subscription for a suitable period of time. The first 30 minutes of every journey is free of charge. Upon completion the first half hour, service charges start appling.
Kazan is situated in the Moscow Standard Time zone (MST), which differs from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
MST = GMT + 4 hrs.
The national Russian currency is Ruble. All country-wide payments for goods and services must be done in Rubles, major credit cards are also accepted.
Foreign currency can be exchanged in banks or currency exchange offices at the airport, hotels or in the city. Exchange rates are always posted.
If you are arriving by plane, in the Terminal 1А you can find ATMs of the following banks:
Ak Bars Bank
Business hours: 24 hours a day.
The subsidiary office of the Ak Bars Bank provides its clients currency exchange 24 hours a day.
220 V plugs are standard continental European type. British and North-American appliances need an adapter.
If you are calling from a mobile phone, dial +7 843 and then the number or 8 843 and then the number.
However, it is easier to use the special emergency number for mobile-phone users — 112 — which will connect you with the emergency number of your service provider.
If your operator does not provide this service or if your roaming agreement does not include it, you will be given the correct number to dial the city emergency services.